Last updated: 27 June 2019
“Hyundai” means Hyundai Motors New Zealand Limited and any associated company, and their officers and employees thereof.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Hyundai requires certain personal information about the purchaser of each Hyundai motor vehicle. This is required by the Land Transport Safety Authority so that we can contact owners in the event there is a safety recall issued by the manufacturer.
Personal information is also collected about you when you register for Auto Link, and use the services and products provided through Auto Link.
The information we collect from you may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address, and physical address and the names and mobile numbers of the contacts entered into the Auto Link service (by providing these mobile numbers, you confirm that these individuals authorise Hyundai collecting this personal information);
- details of your drivers’ licence and vehicle (including registration plate number, place and date of purchase and WOF expiry date);
- your financial information if you obtained your car using finance through one of Hyundai’s providers, and the details of that lending;
- we may collect information from you about your hobbies, favourite sports and other interests, if you choose to give us that information, which we may use to send you offers or invite you to events which we think could be of interest to you. Other personally identifiable information may also be collected, such as demographic information about your age, gender and occupation, if you choose to give us that information.
The Hyundai Auto Link app may also collect the following information (some of which may be personal information about you), including:
- the number of trips and distances that you have driven;
- the location of your vehicle, including historical locations and past driving history;
- vehicle diagnostic information, such as tyre pressure, amount of fuel in the tank and engine information and any other information for assessing the health, of your vehicle;
- vehicle service history, and upcoming service bookings;
- vehicle driving information, such as speed, braking and acceleration information and vehicle fuel efficiency;
- mobile phone information such as number, model, operating system and personal location data where you have activated location services on your mobile device; and
- any mobile contact numbers entered in the Auto Link app for additional services relating to emergency contacts.
We record all telephone calls made to, and by, our call center. We use telephone call recordings:
- for staff training purposes to help us improve the quality of our customer service;
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call which may be needed if there is a dispute.
If you request or receive roadside assistance or emergency services, we may collect information about where (eg, location) and when (eg, date, time) you requested those assistance services and the assistance service that is required.
If we are unable to collect sufficient personal information from you we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services and benefits offered by Auto Link.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, Hyundai collects personal information directly from you. We may use it for the following purposes:
- to register you and your vehicle for Auto Link;
- to provide you with all the products and services associated with Auto Link, including providing roadside assistance and emergency services, and booking servicing appointments as applicable;
- to contact you directly about Hyundai, its vehicle models, reminders for servicing, safety, promotions, competitions and other marketing activities
- to reward you for being a loyal Hyundai customer;
- to approve transactions you wish to make;
- to confirm your identity;
- to provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make; and
- for staff training purposes.
However, we will only contact you by email or text message with marketing material where you have provided your express opt-in consent to receiving marketing messages.
STORAGE, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Hyundai is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. In order for Hyundai to provide services to you, personal information is held by Hyundai’s associated companies in accordance with this policy.
You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that Hyundai holds. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information contact Hyundai’s Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hyundai does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Hyundai outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For the purpose of providing services to Hyundai and to you, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our associated companies;
- Hyundai Dealers;
- entities we have engaged to provide the Auto Link services, including emergency services and roadside assistance services;
- individuals you have nominated to receive personal information about you in the event of an emergency;
- organisations which provide services to us, such as research, mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies;
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers;
- government or statutory authorities.