New look, safety and tech: Tucson Series II
Hyundai New Zealand has launched the new Tucson Series II, an impressive medium-sized SUV featuring fresh interior and exterior styling, improved safety features and advanced technological innovations.
Hyundai New Zealand General Manager, Andy Sinclair says “With a crisp new look, greater safety and technology, the Tucson Series II delivers superb comfort and refinement, and is an appealing upgrade of Hyundai’s best-selling SUV in 2018 and at no additional cost to the preceding model”
The revised Tucson line-up comprises of three variants (Entry, Elite and Limited) and three different powertrains, including petrol and diesel options.
The Tucson Series II features:
- A new visage featuring the Hyundai’s signature cascading grille, restyled headlamps and daytime running lights.
- More standard equipment than the preceding model.
- New wheel designs in 17-inch for Entry models, and machine-finished 19-inch for Elite and Limited underscore Tucson’s fresh new exterior.
- A new floating tablet-style multimedia system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® connectivity is standard across the range.
- A new 8-speed automatic transmission, paired with the 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine with Hyundai’s HTRAC all-wheel drive. The smooth and intuitive 8-speed automatic makes the Tucson CRDi more economical as well as building on its excellent performance and refinement.
- The turbo-diesel and turbo-petrol engine is offered in each of the three model grades, along with a 2.0-litre petrol for Entry & Elite models.
- The introduction of additional SmartSense™ safety for Elite AWD models makes advanced safety accessible to every Tucson Elite owner.
- The SmartSense™ safety brings Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW), Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) and Driver Attention Warning (DAW) systems among the safety and convenience features.
- Tucson Entry boasts a 7.0-inch OEM display and rear USB port.
- Tucson AWD Elite models also benefit with the addition of Smart Cruise Control (SCC) among the extensive suite of safety technology.
- Tucson Limited gains Surround View Monitoring (SVM) and wireless (Qi) smartphone charging.
To find out what’s ‘new’ about the Tucson Series II visit www.hyundai.co.nz/tuscon