COVID-19 Alert Level 2 Update
Last updated 28th February 2021.
Under Alert Level 2, we can welcome you to your local Hyundai dealership nationwide (outside of Auckland) with a few precautionary extra measures as detailed below. Whether it's to view or test drive a car, or to fulfill your parts or servicing requirements, our dealer network will be ready to assist you with any inquiries.
While at Alert Level 2, the safety and well being of our customers, staff and community continues to be our highest priority. We continue to follow the Ministry of Health’s guidelines and have implemented stringent measures to ensure everyone stays safe.
Please watch the video and read the measures below to find out more.
Level 2 measures include:
Contactless test drives and servicing
With the introduction of Alert Level 2 you can still visit your local dealership. We will however be following strict guidelines to keep everyone safe as detailed below.
If you would prefer not to visit a dealership we will be able to show you the vehicle of your choice using the online showroom so that you are familiar with the vehicle before test driving.
If your vehicle requires servicing or you’d like to take a test drive, we recommend that you make an appointment beforehand. This helps to ensure that everyone stays safe. Please call us on 0800 HYUNDAI (498 632) or click below and we’ll get this sorted for you.
Strict cleaning and sanitisation standards, including:
- The application of disinfectant to all dealership touch points. This includes vehicles, service centre and workshop, offices, payment terminals, phones, furniture and toilets.
- Disinfecting all vehicle touch points after we’ve collected your vehicle and before handing it back. This includes keys, outside door handles, driver’s inside door handle, steering wheel, indicator switch, wiper control switch, gear lever, handbrake, driver’s seat belt and buckle, window control switches and bonnet release cable.
- Keeping cleaning logs of all vehicles serviced and/or test driven.
- The use of approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) whilst working on your vehicle. This includes the wearing of gloves and fit steering wheel, gear lever and seat covers. All staff will be trained on the correct use of cleaners and PPE.
- After servicing your vehicle, we will also wash it, just like we normally would, and disinfect it afterwards.
Digitally collecting contact details from all visitors to our dealership sites to ensure that we comply with contact tracing guidelines, including the storage of that information in a centralised contact register.
Maintaining physical distancing among our dealership teams and customers. This includes monitoring of the total number of people at the premises at any one time.
Clearly documented & distributed policies and guidelines for staff to adhere to. These outline hygiene and sanitation requirements for servicing and test drives.
As a 100% New Zealand owned company, we are local, so like you, our business and our people are feeling the impact. It’s times like these that we all need to work together and support each other, like Kiwis do when times get tough. We look forward to being able to help you with your vehicle requirements. Please read more about our COVID-19 response below.