TAKING CARE OF YOUR DIESEL BETWEEN SERVICES
In between services, there are a number of things you can do to look after your Hyundai Diesel vehicle:
- Check your oil level regularly to ensure it is at the correct level. If it isn’t, take it to your local Hyundai dealer / service agent immediately and they’ll take care of it.
- When it comes to refuelling, make sure you use a reputable service station, as they use the highest grades of diesel available.
- Never, we repeat, never fill your diesel vehicle up using a farm tank or similar, as this can introduce contaminants into your engine that will cause major damage. Even the tiniest particles can cause serious harm to your engine.
- Keep your fuel level well topped up, especially if your vehicle is going to be sitting stationary for a long period of time.
- Avoid running out of fuel, this can cause harm to your engine. We recommend refueling as soon as the low fuel light comes on.
- If you happen to accidentally fill your vehicle with petrol, don’t panic. Call us straight away on 0800 HYUNDAI (498 632), we’ll send someone out to help you as part of your roadside assistance cover under the 3 year / 100,000km factory warranty. Do not start the engine or drive the vehicle anywhere as this can cause significant damage to your engine.